I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

*Fall Decorating Ideas @ My Cozy Corner*

Hello Everyone...
I've been studying home decor books for about two years. Before blogging I decorated my house by the seat of my pants. I bought what I liked and when Sweetheart and I remodeled our home in 1990 I did hire an interior designer for some suggestions. I did learn a lot about color flowing from one room to the next. 
NOW I read and purchase design books from the Goodwill and love to study the different styles. 
I have decided I love Country ~ My version of Country. My version of French Country.
Last week I posted My French Country Kitchen.  Go Here
I know I don't have all the elements for a real French Country Kitchen, but I love my kitchen and I can't afford to do any major changes at this time in my life. 
I think about remodeling the kitchen to a more a authentic French Country Kitchen and all I vision is the physical  work that does into a redo, plus the $$$$. 
Then I think a trip to FRANCE would be nice and I can see the real thing. (Good Idea?)
All that said and done~Let's play make believe and decorate My Cozy Corner for Fall. 
The Entrance
At My Cozy Corner the front door opens right into the living room.
A floral arrangement is set on a table to signal hospitality to everyone who enters the front door.
Idea # 1
 Floral Arrangements
Living Room
My country living room is truly designed for comfort. The room is physically welcoming with amply stuffed furniture that encourages people to sink in and relax. There is a grouping to accommodate six people, plus extra chairs if needed. 
Idea # 2
 Comfort and personality with a decorative interest. 

Idea # 3 
Seasonal accents. 



Idea # 4
Exhibition Space
Our fireplace with its mantel is the perfect showcase to display  a theme for our living room and expressing personal interests.


Idea # 5
Consider where beverages will be placed.
 Two coffee tables and four end tables provide  plenty of  places to sit a beverage, snacks  or dessert  anytime of the day or night.  


Idea # 6 
Gather books and place them on tables, mantel or shelves to display well-worn spines.



Idea # 7
Light Sources
 My country living room lighting  is very quaint. Stiffel and vintage lamps, and candles provide lighting for cozy reading corners.


Idea # 8
Make your home a reflection of you. Be fearless and love how you live.
Day-to-day use is a priority for my country living room.
I want to share meandering conversations with loved ones or curl up on a deep-cushioned sofa with a cup of tea while listening to music.


Idea # 9 and # 10
Endless...
Thank you so much for visiting My Cozy Corner
I hope you have enjoyed my
*Fall Decorating Ideas*


I will be visiting some great folks and hope you join me.
Tuesday
Home Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips
Cozy Little House for Tweak It Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up!
Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday
DIY by Design for Sizzle into Summer
Thursday
The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursday
Stonegable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits
A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday 
Friday
Bernideen's for Open House Friday
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home
Saturday
Natasha In Oz for Say G' Day
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
Sunday
The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sunday
Under The Table and Dreaming for Sunday Showcase
Thanks again and please come back to visit.
xo
Betty 

14 comments:

  1. Your decorations are great! Would love if you'd join our Countdown to Fall link party! Hope to see you there! Have a great night! :)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/2012_09_03_archive.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so pretty! I think that it's very satisfying to decorate for yourself and not just follow trends. Your home looks very cozy!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Lovely room! Thank you for the tips. I love your sofa and the coffee table vignette is perfection. Your floral arrangement is beautiful. You should consider sharing it for Fresh-Cut-Friday! :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very warm and friendly- thanks for linking to "Open House".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Betty! I was on Pinterest and it brought me to your beautiful home! I love your pretty flowers and all of your Fallness going around in your lovely home.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear Betty, I love all your ideas, specially the cloche ones around the house. Very Fallen look every where. Happy Seasonal Sunday.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh...your header for fall is gorgeous too!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Betty,

    I love all your fall decorations and "fluffing." The fresh flowers make my heart go pitter-patter. I like all your ideas; it's always helpful to get seasonal decorating inspiration from others. I can't wait to start that very thing at our house.

    Visiting from Seasonal Sundays; have a wonderful weekend!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of your decorations look beautiful. I too study every decorating book and magazine I can get my hands on! I have begun my fall decorating as well and am knee deep in boxes of pumpkins and acorns! Life to the full, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful decorating suggestions! Love all your autumn colors and your mantle is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful splashes of Fall, Betty. You've created such a warm and inviting space ... love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I have very much enjoyed seeing your lovely home and your ideas for colorful vignettes. It is all so warm and cozy. How wonderful to figure out your decorating preference. I have yet to figure mine out exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely wonderful! I love French Country too! I think your decorating ideas and elements are on track! I will be featuring your post this week at Home and Garden Thursday - I appreciate you sharing!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a bit late getting into the swing of fall. Thanks so much for your great tips and helping me get in the spirit of autumn!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...