I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Lemon Loaf and Pink Saturday

Hello Everyone, 
It's Tea Time~This week I wanted to share my Nifty Thrifty Tea set. While visiting my mother a couple of years ago, sweetheart and I went to a city wide yard sale. We had a great time. A lady was selling these beautiful dishes for a song. She suggested I use the dinner plate to serve a pound cake.  She was from Europe and she said " that's what they do with a dinner plate."
I have the perfect pound cake to serve on my beautiful plate.
Lemon Loaf Lavandula
More about Cooking with Lavender in yesterday's post Here
The lemon loaf goes well with the pattern on the plate. And the lavender buds are so delightfully tasting. 
The stacked tea cups and saucers are accented by a pink napkin
Some cream cheese and pomegranate jelly tastes wonderful on the lemon loaf.
And the lavender is wrapped with a pink polka dot ribbon.
A closer look at the china pattern of 'Theodore Haviland ' New York - Made in America
'ANNETTE'
Now for the nifty thrifty part. 11 piece set for $12.00 dollars. I LOVE A BARGAIN! 
I always want to throw a little love into my tea time. 'First Love' 1847 Rogers Bros. is my wedding silver pattern. What a beautiful presentation. The tarnished detail is so appealing to me.
Some sugar for our tea?

The slice of Lemon Loaf is ready for a bit of cream cheese and jelly.
YUM!
Two cups are ready.  Would you like to join me for a spot of tea?
A joyful collage to make my tea complete. 
Thank you so much for joining me at My Cozy Corner.
I will be joining some wonderful friends for tea.  Please come along and we will have a great time.
Monday
Little Red House for Mosaic Monday
The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Monday
Tuesday
Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Cup Tuesday
A Stroll Thur Life for Table Top Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday 
Trish's Heart and Home for Heart and Home
A Delightsome Life for A Return to Loveliness
Martha's Favorites for Tea Cup Tuesday
Artful Affirmations for Tea Cup Tuesday
Antiques and Teacups for Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Wednesday
Bernideens Tea Time Blog for Tea with Friends
The Style Sisters for Centerpiece Wednesday
Thursday
Katherine's Corner for Thursday Favorite Things
Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Saturday
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday
Thank you so much for visiting me and please come back soon.
xo
Betty 

26 comments:

  1. Lovely tea set and the lemon loaf looks yummy. I love the scent of lavender. Beautiful photos, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful tea set. I must make this cake - it sounds delicious! thank you for sharing.
    Have a wonderful week. I am linking up to you through Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful display and recipe! Lovely tea cups and dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll say you got a bargain. The tea looks so beautiful and the cake...yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had my attention when you said LEMON loaf! :D :D You got a wonderful bargain ... the Haviland is gorgeous. What is it about stacked teacups??!! So pretty! Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Betty,
    What a delightful post! I love a lemon loaf and yours looks wonderful sprinkled with lavender. I knew your cups were Haviland. They are beautiful and what a bargain! Love your silverware too. Thank you for a lovely tea and enjoy your day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Betty, Oh my! $12 for this lovely set - it is amazingly gorgeous and so feminine! My Mom's middle name was Annette - makes me think of her. I do love recipes with Lavender in it - this sounds perfect. Beautifully photographed too! I appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad that I found you on Make it Pretty Monday! What a gorgeous spread and the Lemon Loaf looks delicious. Great job and excellent pics!

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Betty! A pretty set of dishes indeed. I love the pretty pastel flowers. We are in a lavender growing area, so you find lavender in everything around here. My favs are chocolate lavender ice cream, lavender creme brulee and lavender lemon pound cake! Just like yours! Thanks for sharing your wonderful tea and linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Betty,
    I love your tea set...it's so delicate and pretty. I like the soft pastel colours. Lavender on the cake ..I would never have thought of doing that.
    Have a good week
    Barb from Australia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Betty,
    What a beautiful table setting. Your lemon loaf looks delicious. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a nice week.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Betty,
    Thanks for linking to Heart & Home.
    I think you got a wonderful bargain with that pretty china setting!
    I love the delicate pattern and the lemon cake looks very good on the dinner plate.
    We often use dinner plates like this in Australia too.
    The lavender combined with lemon sounds like a delicious cake to me, and I will certainly check out the recipe :-)
    Have a very blessed week..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my! That was a very well spent 12 bucks! Haviland for that??? You are a lucky girl! The pattern is gorgeous and your tea setting looks amazing with them. I do like the woman's cake plate idea! It works! Your pound cake does look amazing, I would love a bite! Yum!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy!! Wow this' looks so delicious and your tea set is gorgeous!
    Thank you for linking up!
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lucky find... on the dishes... to enjoy with that delicious " Lemon Cake" ... Please do save me a piece9 ha Ha) ... Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. The china is beautiful! Definitely a steal at that price. Betty, your images are stunning! The lemon and lavender loaf looks great and I like how you placed the lavender that is wrapped in tissue on your table. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable, this tea table setting :-)
    Hugs from Italy and thanks for the recipe :-)
    Flora

    ReplyDelete
  18. The dishes are lovely!! That lemon loaf looks yummy!!! Visiting from Trish's Heart and Home.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This whole is unique and wonderful. The pound cake looks beyond delicious, and I love the pattern of the dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, Betty!

    How truly lovely- what a gorgeous tea setting - and such a wonderful price!

    Everything looks so beautiful and deliciious, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your lemon loaf looks tasty!

    My PINK
    Your comment is always a delight to read, leave me one when you can.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lovely tea party. Love the teacups and that lemon cake makes my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  23. just LOVE that china :)
    really nice teaparty......
    and do not miss....

    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y

    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    it is FUN , last week 102 lovley blogs :)
    WELCOME
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your tea setting. Such a lovely place to share time with friends. Happy first day of fall to you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Visiting from Mosaic Monday
    Amazing tea set and what a wonderful price!
    I would love to find such a ... Find!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yummy, would love to bake a lemon loaf too..

    Visiting from PS- hope you can stop by..

    http://www.never-ending-journey.com/2012/09/cotton-candy-maker.html

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...