I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Easy Crock Pot Turkey Chili


Hello everyone,
Welcome to My Cozy Corner. This is my first post for
the new year. Hubby and I had a quiet New Year's
day. I made Turkey Chili instead of Black Eyed Peas.
Hopefully, the beans will bring us much good
luck in the months to come.
This Turkey Chili is so easy and delicious.
I changed the recipe a little bit because we had some 
leftover turkey from Christmas dinner.  And I wanted to
use it up.
I have two jars of salsa in my photo.  I could have added
more beans and used some of the extra sauce for liquid.
Or I could use Chicken broth.

I added one jar of salsa verde to the beans in my crock pot.
My granddaughters know I love tea towels, so for Christmas
they bought me this cute tea towel.
"Whisk me away" with a whisk on the bottom
of the tea towel. I love it.
Add Salt and Pepper, chopped onion and garlic powder.
The tea towel under the partridge in a pear tree is another
tea towel they gave me. 
One of my granddaughters is a Vegan, so I spooned out
a bowl for her before I added the chopped turkey.
I added the turkey leftover from Christmas dinner. 
Turkey hamburger is delicious also.
Put into the Crock Pot and turn on high. 
Stir occasionally until heated completely. 
This recipe is so easy and so delicious on a cold
wintery night. Serve with warm french bread and
a fresh tossed green salad and dinner is done.

Crock Pot Turkey Chili

  • 4 cans cannellini beans or add more cans of beans for a larger quantity.
  • 1 jar green salsa
  • 1 pound package ground turkey or chopped fresh turkey. 
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 cup, chopped onion
Instructions
Brown turkey in frying pan adding salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion.
Place all ingredients in crock pot and cook on high. 
When ready to serve turn on warm.
Details
Prep time: 30 mins Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 1-hour Yield: 6 servings

Printable recipe Go Here

SAVE THIS MOSAIC.
Thanks for visiting today and I hope you are safe and warm
during this rainy weekend.
Joyously,
Betty 
Linking to:
Rustic and Refined for Dishing It and Dishing It
 The Dedicated House for Make it Pretty Monday 
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monday
Tuesday Cuppa at Antiques and Tea Cups
Friends Sharing Tea at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog 
The Scoop at Cedar Hill Farmhouse 
Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at our Home
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday 
The Dedicated House for Before and After Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday 
Katherines Corner for Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life 
Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
Thoughts of Home at Poofing the Pillows
The Essence of Home for  Show Your Style Thursday
Ms. Toody Goo Shoes for Best of the Weekend
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday~Anything Goes


2 comments:

  1. As the weather is cold and blustery, I've been on the look out for easy crock pot recipes. Pinned to bookmark and share - thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love hot chili in the winter. This sounds like a good recipe! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...